Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I may smell of motor oil....

First off, I got a bike. Its orange, vintage, and awesome. For a week now, I've had a hankering for some Snoasis, a.k.a. the best snowcones in the world. They have some really unique flavors with cream on top. Amazing. The combination of having a bike and the craving for some good snowcones made for a good excuse to go.

7:15-
C, N, and I took bikes with N on her longboard. It had been a blistering hot day, and we caught it at the perfect time when a breeze was just coming through cooling off the evening. The sun was still out, and it was b-e-a-utiful. We sat on a bench, and watched as the clouds with some nice lightning rolling in, I wasn't worried. I don't mind riding in the rain, in fact, I love it.

7:45-
Half a block from home, we're stuck underneath the entryway at subway, waiting for the hail to clear. Believe me riding against the wind, rain, and hail is nowhere near close to a day on the beach.

7:50-
Hail stops. Rain continues. Mad dash home. No sign of hail. Puddle jumping.

8:00-
We see a large group of girls from Colonial House standing on the side of the roundabout. The gutter had formed a puddle of EPIC proportions. What have we to do but join them. There really is nothing better than getting sprayed with gutter water from cars speeding by.

8:20-
The cops show up. Everyone disperse.

Its almost 11, and not a lick of homework done. Lets just say, awesome night.

No comments:

Post a Comment