Saturday, October 2, 2010

Book Arts

Meet my new favorite hobby. I'm taking a book arts class this semester, and I'm pretty sure that its the coolest class offered at BYU-I. Here are a couple of the things I've made so far.






The first is a very simple bound and cover, but still nice looking. The second is supposed to be a very organic book. There is no hard cover, only the leather. I loved the raw edge of the leather an wanted to maintain it, so I incorporated it into the signature's edge (the edge of the pages). The last is my favorite so far. Its called the perfect bound, and is really fun to make. I also inserted an envelope/pocket doodad for little bits of junk paper with little notes on them I always seem to have.

Next: adventures in studio lighting

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! They all look so good! I want to learn how to do that. And the pictures of course are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete